Dehumidifier & Humidifier for dairy farm
In dairy farms, the combination of Temperature and humidity have to be kept at a constant value at all times. This is essential for the healthiness of cows. This constant is known as Temperature Humidity Index (THI). The value of THI has to be maintained at the value of 72.00. The formula for calculating THI is as below.
THI = (Dry bulb temperature °C) + (0.36 x dew point temperature °C) + 41.2
In order to keep this value always at 72.00, we have to continuously adjust the humidity. The details are explained below.
How to achieve a constant THI in a dairy farm?
We will require both dehumidifiers to reduce the humidity as well humidifiers to increase humidity. We have to connect humidity sensors around the farm to continuously monitor and record humidity levels in %RH (% Relative Humidity). Also, we have to connect temperature sensors to monitor temperature continuously. There will be 20 to 30 sensors depending on the size of the dairy farm. We will connect all these sensors to a central PLC (Programmable Logic Controller). We will program the formula of THI in the PLC. The PLC will be continuously calculating whether THI is changing in any area of the farm. Depending on the variation in the THI, the PLC will switch on either dehumidifiers or humidifiers. As soon as the THI is achieved, they will be switched OFF. The user can see the THI value on a screen and also see which of the systems are working.
Dehumidifiers and humidifiers for dairy farms
Few of our major models for dairy farms are listed here. However, this will vary depending on the size and current levels of the farm.
Dairy farm dehumidifier model SKU TR-300
- This has a dehumidification capacity of 520 litres per day.
- It works from -15°C to +40°C.
- It has corrosion resistant enclosure.
- It has an air flow rate of 5,000 m³ per hour.
Dairy farm adiabatic humidifier model SKU DV-AC4
- It has the facility for automatic water filling. Hence it can be left unattended.
- It is possible to mount either on the wall or the ceiling with suitable fixing brackets.
- It has a capacity of up to 4.5 litres per hour.
- Other models of humidifiers are available which can spread the water vapours through pipes fixed around the farm. This will be useful for big farms for uniform distribution.
Vacker supplies dehumidifier, humidifier combinations for Dairy farms for all Emirates of UAE covering Dubai, Abudhabi, Sharjah, Al Ain, Ras Al Khaimah etc. Also, Vacker Africa supplies dehumidifiers and humidifiers in African countries covering Tanzania, Nigeria, Kenya, Djibouti, Cameroon, Ethiopia etc. For our services in Saudi Arabia, please see the website of VackerArabia.