How to calculate capacity of de-humidifier in liter or pint?
Like every machine, the dehumidifier has a capacity of operations. We will explain about the capacity of a dehumidifier in pint and litre.
What is the capacity of a dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is for removing moisture content from the air. As you can imagine, the accumulation of moisture results in the water. So a dehumidifier is removing water from the air. Hence the capacity of a dehumidifier is defined in terms of removal of water.
So the water removal can be measured in terms of the litre per hour or pint per hour. This defines how many litres of water can be removed by the dehumidifier per hour and per day. So if you have high humidity and want to reduce drastically, you will need a higher capacity of water removal in terms of the litre per hour.
Similarly, if you have a huge warehouse it will require a huge amount of water to be removed from the air. Hence it will need a very high capacity of removal per hour. As an example, a small bedroom may require a capacity of 20 litres per day which is equal to 0.83 litres per hour to reduce humidity from 75% to 65%. However, a warehouse of 100 square meters may require a capacity of 200 litres per day to reduce humidity from 75% to 65%.
For details on how to calculate the required capacity please use our free software for capacity calculation.
How to calculate the capacity of a dehumidifier?
The capacity of a dehumidifier is the rate of removal of moisture it removes from the air per hour. This is expressed in litre per hour or litre per day.
- You can use our free software for calculation of the required capacity.
- The capacity of 30 litres per hour at 30°C means that the dehumidifier will remove 30 litres at this temperature.
- Be specifically aware that at a different temperature, the water removal capacity will be entirely different.
- This is the major cause of confusion while selecting a dehumidifier.
- In order to check this, seek the performance chart of the dehumidifier as per this image.
- Based on this chart, you can check the performance of the dehumidifier at a particular temperature and humidity levels.
What is the capacity of a dehumidifier in a pint?
Our calculation sheet gives result in litre per hour which is also equal to kg per hour. Also, it shows the capacity per day.
A pint is another unit of measurement of volume generally used in the USA. This can be derived from the capacity of the litre per hour.
1 pint is equal to 2.11338 US pint. Hence if you know the capacity of a dehumidifier in liter per hour, you can easily calculate the capacity in pint per hour. Few examples are given below.
- 20 litre per hour is equal to 42.26 pints per hour (1014.00 pints per day)
- 40 litre per hour is equal to 84.53 pints per hour (2028.00 pints per day)
- 100 litre per hour is equal to 211.38 pints per hour (5073.00 pints per day)
- 150 litre per hour is equal to 317.00 pints per hour (7608.00 pints per day)
We have updated the software to give the results in pint per day and pint per hour. If you would like to be notified and keep updated on further revisions, please join our newsletter.