How supplier may mislead you on dehumidifier selection?
A dehumidifier is purchased based on the capacity of de-humidification of the particular dehumidifier. Capacity means how much of the moisture content can be removed by the dehumidifier per hour from the surrounding air. This is expressed in litre per hour or kg per hour. If a dehumidifier is said to have a capacity of 20 litres per hour, it means that it will remove 20 litres of moisture per hour from the air.
Points to note while buying Dehumidifiers
You may note the following points while buying dehumidifiers manufactured especially by many manufacturers in certain Asian countries.
- The performance of a dehumidifier is indicated in litre per hour or kilogram per hour. If a dehumidifier has a capacity of 20 litres per day, it means that it will remove 20 litres of moisture from the air in 24 hours.
- In order to select a dehumidifier, you may use our free tool to calculate how much water removal is required in your area to achieve the desired humidity.
- Non-reputed manufacturers will specify a higher capacity for lower models. eg. They will specify the capacity as 80 litres per day. but the machine will be rated for 60 litres per day. There is no way for a customer to check the capacity properly even after installation.
- Reputed manufacturers will test the units in controlled humidity chambers before specifying the capacity. Inside a humidity chamber, any particular level of temperature and humidity can be artificially created before testing. This is a costly affair and hence non-reputed companies never do the same.
How to select the right dehumidifier supplier?
You may consider these points while evaluating a dehumidifier supplier:
- Ensure that the supplier does the design calculations to check the exact required capacity.
- It will be better if they have both the desiccant and condensation type dehumidifier. In this case, they will not give undue preference to one type.
- Check for the capacity chart of the selected model. Else you have no way of knowing the performance of the unit.
- Check their capabilities in terms of providing installation support.
We will demonstrate the capacity of a dehumidifier through our Industrial dehumidifier model DH 75AX. In the specification sheet of this machine, the capacity of the machine is described as under:
Dehumidification performance of condensation dehumidifier model DH 75AX.
Dehumidification capacity at 30 °C and 80 % RH is 135 liter/24h.
Dehumidification capacity at 20°C and 60 % RH is 55 liter/24h.
You can see that the same machine has different capacities at different ambient conditions. When the surrounding condition is 30°C & 80 % RH, the machine has the capacity to remove 135 litres per day. However, when the same machine is operated at surrounding conditions of 20°C & 60% RH, the dehumidifier has a capacity of only 55 litres per day.
You can see the performance chart of the model DH 75AX here. In order to obtain the performance chart, the machine has to be tested inside a humidity chamber at various conditions in a test lab. These values cannot be decided based on the design and can be accurately obtained only through proper testing. If a manufacturer is unable to provide such a chart for a model, this means that it is not tested and hence you have no proof whether the machine will achieve the desired values.
In this chart you can see that the machine is tested at 40%,50%,60%,70% & 80% of RH values from 0 °C to 35°C. eg. If your room is at 20°C & 40%RH, the capacity of the machine is 25 litre per day approximately (The yellow line in the graph).
Many of the low-cost dehumidifiers supplied from China, India and many other countries are not having any such test certificates. Hence as a customer, you do not have any means to understand the performance of the de humidifier at various temperature and humidity conditions. The specification always will indicate maximum performance which is misleading. The maximum performance value specified is only the designed value of the machine which is no indication of actual performance at various levels. In the above case, the maximum performance is 145 litre per day and minimum performance is 10 litre per day under different conditions. Thus you can see that there is a huge variation in performance based on the ambient conditions. For small domestic models, you may need to check the performance chart since the capacity is small. But for bigger domestic models and all commercial models, this is essential.
Product Description of Industrial Dehumidifier
- Brief Title of the device: Industrial dehumidifier for reducing the humidity in warehouses, factories, commercial buildings, construction sites.
- Brief Description of the device: This dehumidifier model VAC-DH75AX is condensation type for reducing humidity in high capacity. It has a maximum capacity of dehumidification of 135 litres per day. The capacity selection has to be as the chart in this article.
- Model number: VAC-DH75AX
- Brand: VackerGlobal
- Seller: VackerGlobal
- SKU Number: 1001000122
- Price (USD): 5850.00
- Price Validity: 31 December 2020
Price and technical specifications are subject to change without notice.
We supply all types of Humidity control solutions such as dehumidifiers and humidifiers in UAE, KSA, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Jordan, Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Djibouti, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc.