You must probably be familiar with the term Humidity as we all often hear or read about it in newspaper and weather report. Lets talk about dehumidifier functions.
To be more precise, Humidity is the amount of water in the air. The air will be completely saturated and will be holding higher amount of water vapor.
Without Humidity, our lives would be unimaginable. However, too high humidity and too low humidity can cause serious health hazards.
How does Humidity affect our lives?
Humidity with hot temperature makes it difficult for a person to live. It not only affects sick and old people but also good healthy people.
During hot weather, the humidity and heat coalesce together and slows down evaporation of sweat. Too little Humidity can also damage your furniture and house.
Humidity can cause following problems in our daily lives:
- Heat cramps: Exercising during high humidity can lead to painful Muscle cramping and serious side effects.
- Health hazards: Due to high humidity, the body’s temperature controlling system hinders directly affects the brain and body system and causes serious problems
- Heat syncope or fainting: Humidity can have negative impact on our body which might lead to temporary drop of blood pressure and can cause the sense of dizziness and fainting.
How to Deal with Humidity
Humidity Problems that affects our daily lives can be fixed with the device called Dehumidifier. The Dehumidifier functions is much similar to Air conditioner or refrigerator.
What does Dehumidifier do?
The main functions of Dehumidifier are to keep the humidity at the constant level and to decrease the amount of moisture from the air. In other words, Dehumidifiers are used to absorb excessive moisture content from the air. It is used to maintain relative humidity. It removes moisture which causes molds and damp walls.
How does a Dehumidifier Function?
- The Dehumidifier functions similar way to remove moisture from the air
- By cooling it to condense the water vapor (Cooling-based Dehumidifiers).
- By increasing its total pressure which also causes condensation
- By passing the air over a desiccant, which pulls moisture from the air through differences in Vapour Pressure.
Vapor pressures (Desiccant Dehumidifiers)
Choosing between desiccant and cooling dehumidifiers
In almost all Situations, both desiccant and condensation dehumidifiers function in the same way by absorbing moisture from air, apparently the big question then would be which Dehumidifier to buy, the following dehumidifier functions will clear your doubts about which Dehumidifier to choose.
- Both cooling and Desiccant-based dehumidifier systems are reasonable when used simultaneously. The technologies support each other and the strength of the desiccant shelters the weakness of cooling systems and Vice-versa
- Cooling based dehumidification systems are more efficient and economical than desiccant at a higher temperature and moisture level. It cannot be used to dry air below a 10°C dew point as coil gets frozen, and minimizing its chances to decrease the moisture.
- The Desiccant dehumidifier functions highly advantageously when treating ventilation air for building HVAC systems which exert using ICE storage system. These systems work comparatively in low dew point (40 to 45° F). Using Desiccant dehumidifier for the dehumidification of fresh air reduces the cooling system Installation cost and excludes deep coils with high air, as a result, pressure of liquid price drops. Thus, the pump and fan energy is reduced.
Where can we use Dehumidifiers?
The dehumidifier functions are exceptionally diverse. Such equipment can have a very positive impact in:-
- Military Storage
- Electronics Protection
- Power Plant Layup
- Lithium Battery Production
- Condensation Protection
- Ice Rinks
- Water Treatment Plants
- Surface Preparation & Coating
- Injection Molding
- Mold/Fungus Prevention
- Archival Storage
- Seed Storage
- Cargo Protection
- Moisture Regain Prevention
- Candy Packaging
- Clean Rooms
- Safety Glass Laminating
- Composite Manufacturing
- Product Drying
- Investment Castings
- Plastic Resin Drying
- Candy Coating
- Fish Drying
- Dry Cooling
- Hotels & Motels
- Sick Buildings
- Advanced HVAC System