Hydroponics is an agricultural method in which plants are drawn without using soil. However this is a very controlled environment and lot of conditions need to be monitored continuously so that the conditions are favorable for the plants. Depending on the type of plant being grown, the conditions might be altered.
Sensors for Hydroponics
Various conditions to be monitored and corresponding sensors being supplied by us are:
- pH measurement using pH sensors
- Dissolved Oxygen using Oxygen sensor
- Water Temperature using metal temperature sensors
- Water Level using different types of level sensors
- Air Temperature sensors to measure atmospheric temperature
- Relative Humidity using electronic humidity sensors
- Light measurement using light sensors
- Light colour sensors using colour sensors
- Carbon dioxide sensor to check the level of CO2 in the air
- Various gases such as Hydrogen, Nitorgen etc.
Internet connected centralized recording system for Hydroponics
We can measure various parameters as listed above and can be connected to a centralised internet connected system so that you can store huge amount of data and many users can access the data for monitoring and analysis. the data can be stored for any number of years. This will be especially useful for analyzing the historical data.
Alert system for hydroponics using sensors
While monitoring various parameters as explained previously, you may prefer to receive an alert if any of the parameters go beyond dangerous levels. In such cases we can provide a telephone and SMS alert system as well as a local siren system so that the personnel can be alerted. eg. If the air temperature goes above certain limits, it causes damage to the plants. In such case phone calls will be generated upto 10 personnel and a recorded voice message will be delivered indicating the exact nature of the fault. At this instance if you are not near your farm, you can check the current parameters through internet.