There are many requirements when you would like to convert a normal room into a cold storage room. The typical applications are for storage of fruits, vegetables, dairy products, wine, flowers, meat, etc.
You might have an existing normal room in your restaurant, home or warehouse which you want to convert as a cold storage. In this scenario, you will have many limitations such as space availability, difficulty in installing cooling units, limited electricity connection, etc. We can provide suitable solution for any of these requirements.
Cold storages using normal Split AC or Window AC units
VackerGlobal provides a special conversion kit patented and manufactured in the USA. We can connect these electronic circuit to a normal Split AC or Window AC units. There is a minor modification required in the AC unit. After connecting this electronic circuit, the AC unit can bring down the temperature up to 0° C (32°F)
Conversion of rooms into any temperature above 0 ° C
Normally you might have two types of requirements as below
- A room with temperature range between 12° C to 18 Deg Celsius (53°F to 65°F) for storage of many fruits and vegetables.
- A room with temperature range between 0° C to 10/12 Deg Celsius (32°F to 50°F) for storage of dairy products, meat, flowers, wine, beer, medicines, vaccines etc. Also these can be for morgues, funeral homes etc.
VackerGlobal can provide solution for both of the above situations.
How to convert a room to a cold store between 12° C to 18 ° C
You can convert any room with brick wall or concrete wall to a cold store above 10 or 12° C. If the outer wall is not exposed to very high temperature, you do not need any modifications on the walls. If you are in a country with very high temperature and your walls are directly exposed to the ambient temperature, you may provide a thermal coating inside the wall. This is mainly to prevent heat losses and to save electricity. If you do not want to do any special coating, you may simply decide to apply normal plastering. If it is a brick wall, it is better to apply at least normal plastering. Otherwise there will be lot of heat losses.
After this preparatory work, you can install the AC units recommended by us. The number of AC units and the capacity of AC units depend upon the size of the room and the required temperature. While contacting us, you may provide these details to us and we will provide with the design calculations. As an example, consider a room of 30 sq. meter (322 sq. ft) which you want to maintain at 15° C. You can do this using 1 split AC unit of 24000 BTU along with our conversion kit to achieve this. You can imagine the cost saving compared to conventional units.
How to convert a room to a cold store between 0° C to 10 ° C
For many perishables, you will need a temperature range between 0° C to 10 °C. In this case you will need better insulation for the walls. After plastering the walls and the floors, you have to apply a thermal coating on the walls. VackerGlobal will supply sufficient quantity of these insulation material. Our units will be able to bring down the temperature up to 0° C even without this coating. However, it will be very difficult to maintain this temperature and energy losses will be huge. If you require stainless steel inner walls, you may provide the same after applying the insulation coating.
After the above work, you have to install Split AC or Window AC units with our special conversion kits. For calculating the capacity and the number of units, you have to provide the size of the room to us.
As an example, consider a room of 30 sq. meter (322 sq. ft) which you want to maintain at 5° C. You can do this using 1 split AC unit of 36000 BTU along with our conversion kit to achieve this.
Advantages of our conversion kit for Split AC or Window AC units
The main advantages of using our cold storage systems are briefly explained below:
- Even if you construct a new cold room with our units, the initial cost will be 30% to 50% cheaper than conventional units.
- The energy consumption will be up to 50% lower than conventional units
- You do not need 3 phase high power supply. Our system can work in normal house electricity.
- There are no annual maintenance charges, saving you additional couple of thousands of dollars.
- Any normal technician can easily install the system without any special equipment.
- For remote areas, it can work on small portable generators.
- You can install the same in small areas as small as 1.5 meter x 1.5 meter. For conventional units, you need to plan for installation of cooling units, evaporators etc. which require lot of space.
- 3 year warranty on the conversion kits against any manufacturing defects.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our nearest offices will contact you.