A temperature data logger is basically a portable temperature recorder that can be used to record temperature variations and readings over a set time frame. A temperature logger has diverse applications but mostly the ultimate purpose is to record temperature.
Uses of Temperature Data LoggersTemperature loggers have a number of applications. These include:
- Environmental Monitoring: One of the main purposes of a temperature data logger is to monitor the level of temperature in the environment. The digital readings it takes on a set period of time can offer vital clues on weather patterns and help predict temperature levels quite easily.
- A temperature recorder is used for recording of temperature during transportation of temperature sensitive goods such as medicine, vaccine, food, vegetable, frozen good items etc.
- Temperature Monitoring in Industrial Complexes and Warehouses: On establishments where there is a strong need to keep temperatures at specific levels, a temperature data logger can indeed come in handy. In most cases, warehouses that store foodstuffs will often have a temperature data logger that is basically used to ensure that the temperature is maintained at a specific level to prevent the foodstuffs from getting spoilt. The same also applies to industrial complexes where a change in temperature can affect processes and cause major losses.
How to Buy the Perfect Temperature Logger?Buying a temperature logger is quite easy. The good news is, the market offers a remarkable diversity of temperature recorders to choose from and it should be easy for you to find something that suits your needs. However, there are some important factors that should basically influence which temperature data logger you buy. Our numerous models of temperature data loggers give you the freedom to select to suit your requirement. Here is an overview of a few factors:
- Memory capacity: The number of recordings of a temperature logger is decided by the memory capacity of the device. We have different models starting from 8000 readings up to 128,000 readings. A device with 8000 readings can record for 27 days if the sampling interval is 5 minutes.
- Data transfer : It should be possible to transfer the recorded readings through a simple USB Cable instead of any special adaptors or docking stations
- Programming software: Our data loggers come with free software for programming and downloading the data.
- Alarm programming: It is possible to set two levels of high alerts and two levels of low alarms each with separate delay timings. This helps the user to set fully customizable alarms. Also there are Red and Blue LEDs for indicating the alarms
- Re-usability: This is also a very important attribute that you should look out for in a temperature logger. A logger that can be reused any number of times is called multi use data logger and any model which can be used only once is termed as single use temperature logger or disposable temperature logger
- The Battery Life and type of battery: A data logger is normally not connected to a power supply and hence the battery should have a good life time. Also the battery should be easily available for purchase and the customer should be able to replace himself.
Main features of Temperature & Humidity data logger VAC-V1MuHThe major features of our Temperature & Humidity data logger are as below:
- It is compatible with PC, Mac and Linux systems
- Data download is very easy without the need of any USB cables or any special software
- Simply insert into any PC and it will be detected like a USB memory drive within seconds.
- It generates CSV (Excel), PDF and TXT reports automatically.
- It has a very high resolution of 0.015°C for temperature and 0.01%RH for humidity.
- The user can customize the PDF reports.
- Being an economy model, there is no LCD display. But we have provided 5 LEDs for alerts.
- The suer can simply upgrade the firmware through the USB connection.
Technical Specifications of Temperature & Humidity data logger VAC-V1MuH
- SKU of this Temperature and humidity multi use data logger without display is VAC-V1MuH.
- This is a multiple use type Temperature and Humidity Data Logger.
- The internal sensor type is Digital Sensirion SHT31.
- It has a memory capacity 13,000 readings.
- This temperature and humidity data logger can operate within the temperature range of -40 °C to +80 °C or -40°F to +176°F.
- It can measure and record temperature from -40 °C to +80 °C or -40°F to +176°F.
- The temperature readings will be accurate to the tune of ±0.3°C.
- The readings of the temperature recordings have a resolution of 0.015°C
- The readings of the humidity recordings have a resolution of 0.01%RH.
- It has an accuracy of ±15 minutes per year.
- Start and Stop buttons are provided on this data logger.
- The user can start the data recording by pressing the start button on the data logger for few seconds.
- The second method for starting the data logger is by programming it for starting at a certain date and time.
- In both the above cases the user can program a delay duration. Then the recording will start only after this particular delay duration.
- Also the user can program the data logger to start at a certain temperature.
- In order to stop the recording, the user can press the stop button for few seconds.
- Another way to stop the recording is by programming it to stop at a ceratin date and time.
- Also you can stop the temperature and humidity data logger by programming it to stop after a certain duration from the time of starting.
- The user can indicate different events in the recording time using the mark feature.
- During programming, the user can set the sampling interval anywhere from once per second to once per day.
- It can generate 4 total and or consecutive alarms.
- The sensors start measuring the right temperature within 7 minutes (T90) in moving air.
- Battery is coin type cells, but not replaceable by the customer. It will last 1 to 2 years based on the type of usage.
- IT does not have a LCD display. The status indication is through 5 LEDs.
- The data download is through inserting into USB port of PC, MAC or Linux. This is one of the very few data loggers which are compatible with PC, MAC and LIinux.
- It automatically generates TXT, CSV and PDF files. You don’t have to install or open any special software.
- The software is freely available from our website.
- If you require inbuilt calibration, please inform us while ordering.
- It complies with CE and RoHS certifications.
- The dimensions of this temperature and humidity data logger is 78mm x 49mm x 9 mm.
- It has a weight of 16.5 grams.
- Similar to all other humidity data loggers, the Ingress Protection Class is IP30.
- Password Protection is provided during programming for additional security.
- We offer a warranty of 1 year from the date of supply.
Multi use Temperature recorder model iMini MX-IN-S-8-LiMini series, model no. MX-IN-S-8-L is one of our most popular temperature recorder data logger which is simple to operate and download the data. Technical details of this model are as below:
|Memory Options||8000 to 128000 readings|
|Program Interval||5 seconds to 17 hours|
|Time Accuracy||±1 hour per year|
|Sensors||Internal and /or external|
|Temperature Range||-40 ⁰C to +80 ⁰C (-40 ⁰F to +176 ⁰F)|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.5 °C (-40 °C to -10 °C), ±1 °F (-40 °F to +14 °F) ±0.3 °C (-10 °C to +70 °C), ±0.6 °F (+14 °F to +158 °F)|
|Resolution||0.1 °C / 0.1 °F / 0.1%|
|Sensor Response Time||Internal Sensor – T90 of 20 minutes in moving air External Sensor – T90 of 5 minutes in moving air|
|LCD Operating Range||-20 °C to +70 °C (-4 °F to +158 °F)|
|Alarm Thresholds||4 thresholds; 2 red LEDs, 2 blue LEDs|
|Alarm Configuration||HIGH HIGH, HIGH, LOW & LOW LOW|
|Preprogram Option||User programmable|
|Start Option||Push button and/or timer|
|Start Delay||Yes, 1 minute to 99 days|
|Stop Option||Stop Option can be disabled by Timer|
|Size||83 x 57 x 17mm (excluding lug)|
|Weight||70 grams (including battery)|
|Battery||3.0V, user replaceable (Panasonic only)|
|IP Rating||IP65 (with plastic cap over USB connector)|
|Warranty||24 months, excluding battery (Multi use loggers) One Trip, excluding battery (Single trip loggers)|
|Calibration||NIST Traceable upon request|
|Other Certification||ISO9001:2008, CE, RoHS|
|Battery Life||1-2 years (depending on usage)|
|Interface||1-2 years (depending on usage)|
|Default File Format||CVT|
|PDF, TXT, CSV & CVT|
|Password protected (programmable using Console Plus Software) encrypted binary file is generated along with PDF|